You don't have to live with crooked and crowded teeth for one more day.
As an Invisalign® straightens teeth using a series of aligners. First, an impression of your teeth is taken so that a series of aligners can be created in a dental lab. The aligners themselves are made out of a thermoplastic material that is strong and at the same time flexible in order to be comfortable when worn for long periods of time. The material is virtually invisible.
The aligners should be worn for 22 hours a day and every two weeks; they need to be switched out with the next one in the series. Over a period of months, the aligners will slowly move teeth into place, making one minor adjustment at a time that is targeted to specific teeth. This helps your teeth to be comfortable as they are moved into position at a manageable pace. Once you are done wearing your aligners, your teeth should be perfectly straight.
Benefits of Invisalign®
· The aligners are clear so no one can tell you are straightening your teeth.
· They are only worn for 22 hours a day so you can take them out to eat dinner, go on a date, or make an important presentation at work.
· You can brush and floss your teeth like normal, and no additional tools are required.
· There is less of a risk that your teeth will become stained as compared with wearing metal braces that can be difficult to clean.
· The procedure is more comfortable than metal braces since the aligners move teeth into place slowly and only focus on a few teeth at a time.
· Aligners are easy to take care of, and you only use the same aligner for a couple of weeks.